Caribbean Newspaper Search


Tuesday, September 21

Grenadian treated after inhaling gas

| NationNews  "ST GEORGE’S – The National Disaster Management Agency has evacuated people from the village of Telescope in the eastern parish of St Andrew after many of them were treated at hospital on Sunday after inhaling concentrated chlorine gas.
Medical, disaster, fire and police officials rushed to the area after the residents complained that they were being badly affected by the situation.
The Water and Sewerage Authority said tests confirmed a chlorine leak coming from the site where their tanks had been buried for more than two decades.
Enhanced by Zemanta